Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence/Birthday!

We have the nice size pool and I couldn't keep the girls out of the baby pool!
Audi, Gabby, Elvira, and Josie

Here Juan is practicing water torcher.


The girls couldn't wait for the cake to be cut and dove right in on their own.

Josie, Elvira, Gabby, and Audi

Elvira and Juan sharing a bowl of chips. CUTE.


HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY ELVIRA!

On the 4th of July we had a BBQ in Elvira's honor. Her birthday was July 1st and she turned 2 years old. Since I was given NO notice I made NO side dishes. Luckily China was more prepared than I and brought rice, beans, and a bag of chips (does that count as a side?). We had lots of BEER and that seemed to be enough for the men. But let me tell you, in case you didn't already know, BEER AND FIREWORKS DON'T MIX! I saw this quite vividly for myself. The guys, who shall remain nameless, were putting the fireworks in the tubes upside down, on purpose, so they would explode on the ground instead of in the sky. This scared the hell out of me every time, sparks would fly damn close to me. They thought this was so funny that they repeated it over and over. After the show one of the guys threw up in the yard. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIRA!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Isn't it nice when men opt to get drunk at a child's birthday party? Love the picture of Juan and Elvira eating chips.

We want to come over and go swimming!

heather said...

thought the pics were good. happy birthday to elvira. clara's birthday was july 1st also. she turned 11!!