Saturday, July 19, 2008

First Day of School

The girls are back in school. Yeah! They are first graders this year and each have their own classroom. Josie and Audi's classrooms are next to each other and Josie and Gabby have gym and other occasions together. I think they will do okay. They complained before school started about "going to be separated", but they have not complained about it during the first two days of school. Josie seems to be in some kind of phase. She would not smile and I had to force her to be in the pictures.



Audi was happy to pose for pictures.


We are the first stop! So the bus comes very early.

We had a sleep over this weekend with Carly. The kids are playing dress-up.


Juan could not resist the fun. He has his cuddle bear in his purse and possibly a hot wheel.


This is Josie as a bride. Her and Gabby love to dress as brides. During summer school the kids were suppose to dress as what they wanted to be when they grew up. Josie and Gabby went as brides. Scary! I hope they have more ambition than that when they grow up.



This is Juan with his favorite book. Oso pardo! Oso pardo!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I worry more that by dressing as brides, they're setting themselves up for a huge letdown once they find out what marriage is REALLY like!

That must be an inherited trait Josie has of not wanting to smile for pictures. I remember you and Buddy doing the same thing as kids. I don't remember Brydie going through that phase.

Speaking of, tell her I have her eyeglass case all ready for her, and your mom's too. And if your dad wants to put his specs in a caterpillar case, I'll be glad to whip one up for him. My dad declined...not manly enough for him, I guess.

The Houser's said...

Back in school already?!? geesh... I love Juan's heals:)

Carie said...

Tiffany,
We have what they call "year round" school in my part of town. The kids go 9 weeks and then are off 3 weeks. They get about 6 weeks or so in the Summer. It is supose to help kids retain what they learned. I growed up on it. It working just fine.

Juan has a lot to learn about matching his heels and with his purse!

Lisa said...

Hi from Texas!

So you don't like Whataburgers? Doggone it. Guess I'll just have to eat that birthday Whataburger I was bringing back for you.

Lisa said...

UPDAAAATE PLEEEASE! Otherwise, I'm bringing over the Oak Ridge Boys tape and gluing it into your tape player!