Sunday, July 26, 2009

I CAN SEE!

For the first time, in as long as I can remember, I can read the clock on my bedside table. I WAS severely nearsighted. But no longer. The moment I sat up on the surgical table I read the clock. It was 2:20 pm. Then I was told to go home and take a nap. Things were a little blurry, kinda like I was walking under water. And everything had a haze around it. They tell me this is normal and will fade. They were right. After my nap I woke up seeing very clear. My eyes are a little sore (like after a hangover). And I have very bad dryness. It feels like I slept in contacts and they are stuck firmly to my eye balls. I have antibiotic drops for a few days and Systane drops for three months. Small price to pay for sight! When I went in on Saturday, the day after the surgery, I tested at 20/25. I was at 20/1200 prior to surgery. BIG difference.

I am having a little trouble seeing up close and it is hurting my eyes to work on the computer. But I am sure that will change soon. Today is Sunday and I plan to drive in a little while. HOPEFULLY that will go well. Thank your Dr. Gans and your very kind staff!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow. That's pretty darn exciting. I'm going to look into this very seriously in about a year.

The trouble seeing close things such as the computer might just be old age kicking in.