Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hola Uncle Fester!

It is a Mexican tradition to shave a child's head at one year of age. They believe this will make the hair grow in thicker. Chino is a year late but here is Juan with "no hair". I am getting used to it, though it was a shock at first. He now has some peach fuzz and it is nice to rub his head. Juan was very upset at first. He came home and refused to take off his hat. When you asked him what happen to his hair he would whine "Papa". It has gotten him some extra attention at school and home so now he is okay with it.



Isn't this a sweet picture! Josie and Gabby
Gabby, Josie and Audi on their new play center.
Audi on the swing.

The kids start summer school in the morning tomorrow. I am so glad. Chino and his sister have been in charge of the girls for the last week. Since China is not working right now Chino has her babysitting whether she wants to or not. She at least will clean up the messes made by the girls. When Chino is in charge I come home to spills and disaster. I came home one day last week after Chino was "watching" the girls and found milk, water and soap spilled on the kitchen table and dripping onto the floor. Another day I found bubble soap spilled on the floor of the back room and Juan had locked himself in the bathroom. I was mopping up the mess and told Chino to get Juan out of the bathroom. He said he didn't know how and left for work. I finished mopping and unlocked the bathroom door with a screwdriver. Maybe I should of took the option of saying that I didn't know how and just left the kid in there. On another day poor Juan was wearing a five pound leaking diaper because he wouldn't let China change him. I did not realize that changing a diaper was optional.

No comments: