Monday, May 19, 2008

Another day in paradise.

This is Juan playing with the hamper. He drug it all over the house (after emptying it) and crawled in and out of it. Sometimes he put toys and blankets inside. This entertained him for hours. Once the lid would no longer stay on from being broken, he gave it up. Now he gets in a low cabinet under my counter in the kitchen. I came into the kitchen and found all my stuff on the kitchen floor. My blender, boxes of Ziploc bags, my coffee maker, you get the picture, then I saw the door move and looked inside. I found Juan with his blanket and pound puppy. I rearranged the cabinet so there would be room for my stuff and him and his stuff. What can I say, I have strange kids!


Juan inside the laundry hamper.


This is Josie. I don't know why she is modeling a pencil. I try not to ask stupid questions because I am afraid of the answer.


Here Gabby is modeling one of the headbands I knit. It looks a little funny, but it keeps the hair out of her eyes.


This is Audi modeling one of the headbands. She liked it until she stretched it between her feet and it would no longer fit her head. It's okay because it only took me a couple hours to make.

Good News/Bad News

Well, I thought the frogs were D. E. A. D., so I ignored them for about a week. I went to clean out the habitat tonight and found a live frog. Surprise! Poor guy is probably traumatized from floating around with his dead buddies. So I cleaned his habitat (of dead frogs and dirty water) and gave him some blood worms. He seems okay. The girls want to buy him new friends. So next time we go to Walmart I guess we will buy a new Theodore and Alvin. Hopefully I won't kill them too.

Hey, I just thought of something and wanted your opinion. Please leave a comment.

I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work. There were two DJ's talking about offensive T-shirts. One DJ said he got in trouble in high school for wearing a T-shirt that said

" Kill them all and let God sort them out". He asked the other DJ if she found that offensive. She said she could see how some would find it offensive because it mentions God.

I was shocked. I hope you guys are shocked for the same reason as me. I found the word "kill" much more offensive than the word "God". What a world we live in, huh!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, aren't you still under the 30-day grace period for those frogs? Time to cart those bodies in to Walmart for an exchange. That'll make for an interesting trip to the customer service desk.

I agree with you on those t-shirts. Yikes! Sounds like something my dad would wear. A couple of years ago, he had to bring home a sculpture that he had on his desk at work. I'm not sure if he was "asked" or "instructed" to do so. It was a tree (with a face) holding a shotgun. It said something like "I'm so mad I could shoot someone." Now, it's on top of his refrigerator. I'll probably inherit it someday.

The Houser's said...

I'm with you - the word kill was the most offensive out of that..