Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friday night scare.

So I go to bed around midnight on Friday night. I'm getting all cosy in my blanket and I hear a helicopter outside. It is close and seems to be circling my neighborhood. After 5 minutes it fades away, finally. So I'm thinking escaped convict, right? Then, I hear a noise outside, like someone messing with the basement window. I bravely open my blinds to the window directly above the noise and bang on the window. I watch, but nobody runs off. Then I hear noise in the basement. I'm really freaked out. I grab the phone and run to the kitchen to lock the door at the top of the stairs. It wouldn't stop a thief from getting it open but it would buy me some time and create a noisy approach for the thief. I am about to call the police but decide to give Chino a quick call to see if he is close to home. He answers the phone and I ask in a panicked voice "Where are you?". He replies "in the basement". My response "You asshole, I was about to call the police!" CLICK.

I asked Chino why he broke into the house and scared the hell out of me. He said his key did not work and accused me of changing the lock. (this is logical) I asked him why he didn't call me. He said he didn't want to wake me up. It is always better to scare someone to death than to risk waking them. He is lucky he did not spend the night in jail. I should have called the police anyway and had him locked up for stupidity!

My theory is that all men on this planet share one brain. I want to know whose husband had the brain on Friday because mine really needed it!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You need a shotgun. A few blasts out the window would take care of those pesky criminals/husbands.

Karen said...

I assure you my husband didn't have it!!!