Thursday, February 5, 2009

I forgot to mention....

Today I had Chino bring Audi to me at my work so I could take her to a doctor appointment. I told Audi and Josie that they could get ready for gymnastics when they got home from school because I knew my time would be limited when I got done with the appointment and then raced home for 6:00 gymnastics. So hubby brings Audi to me dressed in her leotard and pants, no problem. She had no coat and was wearing flip flops, problem. Josie was only wearing her leotard with no clothes over it and also was without a coat. WHAT THE HELL! It was a little warmer today, around 40 degrees, but it is not exactly swim suit weather!

I called him to complain about his lack of observation and I got a lecture on how hard it is to get out the door with four children. Gee, I have no idea what that is like. What is missing in a man's brain? Are they stupid or lazy or just concerned about themselves? He managed to have a coat and proper shoes on himself. I don't GET it!

Comments ladies?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Again, it seems that women have proven the old saying true: if you want it done right you have to do it yourself.
Hope your little one didn't get hypothermia!

Lisa said...

That sounds very nice, as does his reminder to you about how difficult it is to get out the door with four kids.

Todd does alright with the dressing aspect of parenting; it's the actual watching of the child that concerns me.

I came home one day after a morning of leisure - grocery shopping, I think -to discover Logan inside the house alone. Todd came breezing in about 15 minutes later. He'd been visiting a neighbor four doors down...inside the guy's house, no less. I was so proud and eager to leave him in charge more often.