Sunday, November 9, 2008

Full weekend






After the bird purchase (see below), we met up with Tom and Joy and family for dinner at Bandana's. We invited Carly to sleep over. The girls were up until around 1:00 am. Then Chino showed up unexpectedly around 5:00 am from Iowa. Then the kids were up at 8:00 am. So you can guess how much sleep I got. I don't think Juan got too much sleep either, considering he slept under the girls bed. We had a great time playing outside on Sunday. Riding the little cars, swinging, riding scooters and climbing trees. Gabby actually was the one climbing. Which she does often. She did wear tennis shoes for a change, but she wore a silky dress as usually. Juan climbed a little. He wanted me to put him up high with Gabby! I don't have children, I have monkeys!
Then after Carly left Abuelo showed up and Tia China with family. We had a little BBQ/wiener roast. Our fire pit has really come in handy. The kids crashed hard and fast when they went to bed!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Mr. Nibbles...wow! That's exciting news! How old is he? He's either got a lot of feathers or hasn't missed any meals (then again, I'm used to looking at our naked bird, so they all look fat in comparison).

That bone stew isn't a bad idea; Robert's coming today for a spur-of-the-moment visit and I was wondering what to cook. I know the workweek's probably kind of rough, not to mention this being last-minute notice, but if you guys want to come out, he'll be here until Wednesday.