Thursday, May 7, 2009

It is Mother's Day again...oh yippy

Do you hear the excitement in my voice? Then you are hearing things. Please read below my post from last year about Mother's Day.

I propose that Mother's Day be abolished. Me and Joy were talking and decided that Mother's Day would not be any worse than any other day if we weren't expecting it to be different, better. Joy's husband went out a half hour before stores closed on Saturday night and got her a $50 gift certificate. Joy was disappointed because so little thought was put into her gift. He claims he was busy because he had to travel one day this week. He was off the plane at 8:30 p.m. Friday and went out to party with friends 'til 1:30 am. He is off every Tuesday. So I can see why he could not find any time to shop for a thoughtful gift.
My husband works on Mother's Day. You see, other people take their mothers out to eat on Mother's Day. So he has to work. He did come home for an hour or two and bring me some food. Then he took a nap before returning to work. I was home with the four unruly children all day. I stayed in my room most of the day knitting. I have payed heavily for that time. Every time I left my room I had some major disaster to clean up. Juan managed to spill bubbles, soda, and water on the floor. He also ground cookie into the kitchen floor and tore up tortilla in the living room. The girls made their share of messes also. Papers all over the living room. Snack wrappers on the floor. Syrup on the table. Juan smeared syrup all over his face and into his hair while I loaded the dish washer. The scariest part of the entire day is that this was not my worst Mother's Day. My first Mother's Day I was left home alone with three three week old babies and could barely get up and down from a painful C-section. So, I think I will skip Mother's Day next year.


So here we are again, another Mother's Day, again with expectation. Since Chino has to work I asked if I could have Saturday to myself. I told him I want to spend the day in my room knitting and watching TV BY MYSELF. He said he would take care of the children and take them out for a hair cut and stuff......IF.......nothing comes up. So I am taking a poll.

When will something come up? The choices are:

A - Chino will pick a fight to get out of taking care of his children and be gone all day but come home like nothing happened.

B - Chino will watch the children for an hour and then get an all too important phone call and have to leave.

C - Chino will watch the children until around noon before he gets his OUT.

D - Chino will watch the children until late afternoon and then unexpectedly have to go to work leaving me with a mess and four children hipped up on sugar.

Please vote within the comments and feel free to leave you own option also.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm laying odds it'll be A or B. If it's D, that'll be the same (in his mind) as fulfilling your request.

I didn't ask for Saturday off, but I did ask him if he could take Logan to tee-ball practice that day. It's an hour out of his schedule, but I'll bet he weasels out.