Monday, May 4, 2009

A word of warning.

So we had this slumber party with 10 seven year old girls. Two of the girls approached me and asked permission to tell a story about a little boy in their grade who recently lost his mother. I though that would be okay, give the girls a chance to think about someone in a sad situation. WRONG! This is the story they told.

The boy, we will call him Johnny, (son of John and Jane Doe) was riding in the car with his mother (driving) and father and grandmother. The dad stabbed the mom in the neck and blood squirt everywhere, the car wrecked and mom died. Grandma moved away with Johnny.

This is not what I was expecting to hear and do not know if there is any truth to to this story. Next time I will have the kids tell me the story before I allow them to tell a group of peers. I suggest you do the same.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ah, the things we do with such good intentions.

Just returned from Walmart where we spotted a skinny, dirty homeless man in the parking lot with a cardboard sign asking for money. I gave Logan a bill and rolled down his window so he could hand it to the man, thinking he'd learn a little bit about giving to others in need.

The man took the money and gave Logan a vigorous handshake. Before I could even roll the window up and discreetly squirt some sanitizer into Logan's hand, he had his thumb in his mouth.