Sunday, May 10, 2009

More on Mother's Day

Here the kids pose with the flowers for Grammy. Josie is so pleased to be here.

Audi and Josie made me these pots in Girl Scouts. Good mother's day gift if I do say so myself.

This is the newest addition to our front porch. I told him to get rid of it!

PaPa filled water cans for the kids to muddy (water) the grass.

The girls tracked up the hill at my parents and then ran down. It was a lot of fun until Gabby wiped out at the bottom scraping her hand and knee on the rocks.
After a morning of cleaning I decided to take the kids out to lunch and then stop by my mothers to drop off her gift. Before I could leave Chino called and said he was on his way home and would be off the rest of the day. So he came home and brought me my gift. A back yard swing. Just what I wanted. (Some assembly required, not what I wanted) Then we ALL went to take mom and dad out to eat. We had a nice lunch and me and mom got mini cheese cakes from the restaurant free of charge just for being mothers! I know you are jealous. We went back to Mom's and the kids played. They watered everything, grass, weeds, rocks. We came home and I put the kids to bed and Chino went out to a dance. Because that is what married men with four children should do with their spare time. Right???

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So I showed Todd the picture of that enormous tequila barrel. I expected him to be as disturbed by it as I was.

Unfortunately, what was even more disturbing was the way he longingly gazed at it. I suspect he was mentally calculating the size of our porch and trying to figure out if we had enough space to accommodate a similarly decorative piece of lawn art.